I knitted a customized HUD for the Osprey. The reason was that the computer sometimes turns the nacelles to the negative (backwards) tilt, which makes the Osprey really unstable in hover or slow forward flight. With the HUD instrument, the pilot sees at a glance where the nacelles are.
- Waypoint indicator (in compass tape) for current route manager waypoint
- Engine nacelle tilt indicator (left side, below the IAS tape)
- Helicopter displays (vector display, energy worm, etc.
- Radar tracking compatible
- VSI gauge in altimeter tape
- VSI label below altimeter tape
- Elev. trim gauge in speed tape
- If altitude AGL is less than 500ft, the altimeter tape switches from displaying altitude MSL to displaying altitude AGL